Miss Godfrey - Head Teacher
Welcome to Bulwell St. Mary’s CofE Primary & Nursery School.
Bulwell St Mary's is a wonderfully welcoming Church of England city school, where children from a variety of backgrounds come together to learn, grow and flourish in a supportive, nurturing Christian community.
I hope that our school website will demonstrate many of the activities we have taking place here at Bulwell St Mary’s as well as communicating ideas and information that you may find useful.
Creating & inspiring a community where everyone recognises their self-worth as a unique child of God. Here we aim to develop a love of learning that enthuses and ignites hope for the future.
As the Angel Gabriel said to St. Mary:
“Nothing is impossible with God” Luke 1: 37
Our pupils will:
- become happy, confident individuals with high self esteem
- become self-motivated, enthusiastic and active learners keen to achieve their full potential
- become self-aware, sensitive, caring individuals with respect for others and the environment
- be able to appreciate mistakes as a learning experience and persevere to succeed
- enjoy their learning, experience success and be proud of their achievements
- form and communicate ideas and questions whilst working collaboratively
- have the personal and social skills to be able to play an active and constructive role in society
To meet our aims we will provide:
- a supportive and challenging ethos which encourages success and recognises and rewards effort and achievement
- consistently strong, innovative teaching that is responsive to children’s needs and interests.
- an inclusive exciting and relevant curriculum that makes learning fun, engaging and purposeful, with numerous enrichment opportunities.
- a culture where children and staff have relationships that are warm, friendly and built on mutual respect.
- a welcoming and stimulating environment that is safe, supports risk-taking and invites the sharing of ideas.
- knowledge and understanding of the worship and teaching practices of the Church of England
- a school where pupils develop both academically and socially and leave us as life-long, independent learners; confident and prepared to play a positive role in society.
- a culture that celebrates and values difference, that enables everyone to have a voice and empowers children
- constructive learning partnerships between home, school, church and community
Bulwell St. Mary’s is a proud Church of England school that develops Christian values and morals. We focus on 6 key values: Respect, Friendship, Courage, Honesty, Forgiveness and Creativity. This allows our children to grow as individuals and interact positively with each other in all situations they encounter. The values are a way of life rather than a set of rules to be followed which allows our children to become respectful, thoughtful, content and happy. Prayer and worship are an important part of our daily school life. Through getting to know Jesus our children learn the importance of love and respect for all, and how these values are reflected in their own behaviour and attitudes.
Our school motto is ‘Where Your Journey Begins’. We look forward to supporting you and your children along that journey.
'I came to give life - life in all its fullness'